Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Excitement and Management

As Jessica would tell you, if she was the one writing this post and wanting to post about the things I'll get to, I don't get excited about anything. Ever. Well, very rarely. But there are two things I'm very excited about right this second:

First, I think I want to quit guitar. I'm much more interested in bass at this point. But not interested to make a huge commitment. I think I'd like to sell/goodwill/throw away all but one of my guitars. The orange one that's been with me through thick and thin. And maybe my first guitar, which isn't really a guitar, but a guitar-shaped sticker magnet. Doing that would probably help me finance my second piece of excitement:

A folding bicycle.

I mean, I like efficiency and function over cute and pretty. Any day of the week. I'd take a Honda Fit over a Dodge Viper. Seriously. Who needs a car that wants to kill you?

I like compact modes of transportation. And this was the selling point to Jessica:
http://www.dahon.com/community/gallery/55.htm
I know her so well.

In a change of topic, I alerted Jessica that my blog posts significantly outnumber hers. In a very husbandly act, I (almost) informed her that since I held more than 51% of the blog posts, I had the right to rename the blog to something more manly. Here were a few of my ideas:
  • DEMPSEY!!!!1!!!
  • Dempsey Den of Death and Destruction
  • I heart Dempseys
  • Daniel is the best, Jessica is also!
  • What the heck is decoupage?!
  • Victim of a kamikaze bat
Obviously, none of those were approved by the board (consisting of Jessica and myself, and requiring a 2/3 majority). So the name is the same.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica!! I have been thinking about you lately. Jim and I are getting ready to move down to the city- I would prefer Brooklyn but probably Hoboken, in any event we will be so very close to you...lets hang out. I didn't know you had a blog until today. Send me an email and we will catch up. melissajanewilson at the gmail.com
    Looks like everything is well

    ReplyDelete