Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lack-of-Waterworld

So, remember in Apollo 13 when they're taking off and one of the rocket engines dies, and Tom Hanks says something like "looks like we've had our glitch for this mission" or something like that? (Or maybe it was Kevin Bacon or that other guy whose name escapes me. Also, proper use of 'whose'? And also also, I know my punctuation usage doesn't make sense).

Anyways, I had that moment yesterday. I came home from work to find one of our (excellent) neighbors standing on his porch. He let me know that the water company zombies had come by to shut off our water (and eat our brains, but we weren't home, haha!) and he fought them off with chainsaws -- one in each hand. Actually, he told them that someone was living there and not to shut off the water. Which is apparently like sunlight to water company zombies, because they scurried back to their water company zombie truck and drove away.

Now, I (and also Jessica, because we did that Vulcan mind-meld thing and we know each others' thoughts, except for when I manage to make her angry) was under the impression that this was all taken care of by our settlement attorney. That they had let the water company know that 'hey, there are new people living in that house, here's their info, bill them, and stop sending your zombies out'.

Apparently not.

After some investigative work by Jessica (consisting of calling the water company and asking 'What the crap?!' -- at least, that's what I imagine the conversation sounding like), we found out that, in fact, that the attorneys were afraid of water company zombies, and never called them. Exciting.

So, we still have water. I hope that was our glitch for this mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment